Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Mother of Two

Being a mom of two seems to be an ongoing dance of euphoria, disaster, and exhaustion. Thankfully euphoria is the main chorus and disaster only appears for a brief moment during a verse or two, and exhaustion... well I think exhaustion is the consistent rhythm and beat of the song. =)

All in all i LOVE it. And I am SO thankful for every moment. Including the ones where i'm sitting on the wooden floor in the doorway, 3 1/2 weeks after a c-section, holding two crying babies at the same time. But like I said, these moments are brief. And the happy times of watching Nina run about the house, repeating every word she hears, pretending to put a diaper on her bunny, and having me read the "I'm a Big Sister" book for the 50th time while brother eats or sleeps is the norm. And it's a fabulous norm.

No comments:

Post a Comment