Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Tis the Season

Today is Ash Wednesday, the beginning of the season of Lent.  This marks 1 year since I began this blog.  My original intent was to write a few blurbs about life every day, however faithfulness is not one of my greatest strengths!  Looking back I am glad to have recorded the little bit that I have over the past year.  I know I will enjoy reading these entries years to come.

Today I want to share what God has been stirring inside my heart lately.  I realize that I lack passion in relationships.  When I said good bye to my childish ways somewhere I decided head mattered over heart and thus I almost kicked heart to the curb.  Not to mention overtime relationships naturally grow comfortable and lose the untamed fire of young love.  God has been calling me to awaken the passionate love inside me.  To recklessly and overtly love both my husband and my God.  I want to  make this my goal this Easter season.  

In the past I've always secretly dreaded the Lent season.  I could never decide what to give up and sometimes I would let the whole 4 weeks pass before I reached a decision.  Then last year thanks to the blogging trend I was challenged to do something meaningful.  David and I decided to have 10 minutes "unplugged" time.  This may sound like nothing, but after the kids go to bed our routine is to plop on the couch and by the end of the night us, the tv, the laptops, and the sofa have pretty much molded into one entity. This year we are going to attempt daily "unplugged" time again.  And for the first time since I can remember I am excited about the time of Lent.  I am changing my viewpoint as something to endure and rather I am seeing it as 4 weeks of "dating" my God.  It's a time to passionately pursue Him, to learn more about Jesus life on Earth, to listen to His messages, to spend more time talking with God, in summary to give and receive MORE.  

No comments:

Post a Comment