Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Enjoying the fall weather

Ever since vacation to the Smokey's I've been trying to take advantage of this gorgeous fall weather and get the kids outside more.  We've been going on "hikes." Which consist of less than a mile usually. Haha. I wear Nathan on my back (in Bojana's Deuter Kid Comfort II I'm so in love with) while Nina trails behind at her own pace.  I always pack a little lunch of sandwiches and fruit and we find a lpicnic spot and the kids play with sticks, acorns, and dirt while they munch.

Last week we were pretty much attacked by ducks during our picnic lunch, Nina found a caterpillar on her own, we learned about acorns, we learned about pollution. There is always a little adventure.  Today's adventure ended in Nina being too tired to walk and I had to pack her and carry Nathan in my arms back to the car.

My favorite thing about these days is there is almost no crying, almost no whining, almost no meltdowns.  The kids nap wonderfully afterwards and they wake up HAPPY.  Much different than our excursions to the mall or the grocery store.

Some pics from today:

No comments:

Post a Comment