Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Tristeza Inconmensurable

When Jesus saw her weeping, and the Jews who had come along with her also weeping, he was deeply moved in spirit and troubled. “Where have you laid him?” he asked.
“Come and see, Lord,” they replied.
Jesus wept.

Last night on facebook I noticed an odd status. I investigated further and my heart dropped as my fears were realized. A friend of mine from high school has lost her sister, her confident, her best friend to a tragic accident. They always reminded me of Sarah and I. They were only a few years apart in age and tied together in spirit. Oh how my heart ached as I read through Vio's wall. I cannot imagine. Mari was only in her early twenties. Was a resident doctor in a country who is in desperate need for Godly professionals, especially women. Her smile and love for God were ever present. I pray with all my heart for peace, comfort, and strength for Vio and her family.

For some reason as I sit here in tears, I am comforted to know that Jesus, God on earth, was so deeply grieved that He too wept at the loss of a friend even though He knew that his friend would rise again.

No comments:

Post a Comment