Monday, September 19, 2011

Fuzzy Flu Braino

So we have all been sick but Baby Nathan. And it is a doozy of a little bug. I am on the mend, but in the words of Meg Ryan in You've Got Mail, my head is "all fuzzy." I was made aware of my mental condition when I attempted to eat my snotty tissue instead of my pretzel stick. But the home run of the day happened after bath time. I rubbed Nina down with her sunflower petal baby oil. i put on her night dress and then let her toddle her way to the back yard where Daddy was looking under the deck for our poor missing Oliver. As I sat on the deck nursing the baby I noticed Nina was leaving wet feet prints and I thought how odd that her feet were still that wet from her bath. Then she brought her toy phone over to me. She was sad because it was running low on batteries as I pushed its buttons and held it up to my head pretending to talk on it I wondered why it was so wet. I told myself it must have gotten wet from her recently washed hair... have any of you figured it out yet??? Because I didn't until I noticed a sweet little baby butt check peeking out from under her dress... I forgot to put a diaper on her!!! Fail, fail, fail.

3 comments:

  1. bahahaha! I knew you were going to say you forgot the diaper!!! too funny!

    I'm sorry I didn't know you guys were sick. I can come get Nathan if you need some rest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Em!
    I can't believe I didn't figure it out. But then again, this post was suppose to be titled "Fuzzy Flu Brain" not "braino," so not a huge surprise.
    We are feeling much better, still just lazy and a bit congested. We'd love to see you but I don't know if Nathan is going to come down with it yet so we could still be contagious.

    ReplyDelete