Tuesday, September 27, 2011

More tales of shopping disasters

So my Hobby Lobby Horror entry reminded me of another shopping tale I meant to blog about but got too busy.

This time I was at Target and Earthfare. It was another long shopping trip with two kids in a "buggy," as they call them here in the south. Exhausted I push my amazing clicker and the two van doors slide open (don't think I could be an SUV mom, I love my remote operated doors). I push the kids up to the van and I leave Nina in the red Target cart as I carry brother around to the other side of the vehicle. As I lift him up, I look through the van and I see just a glimpse of red that is quickly disappearing. Nina Kate is rolling away! I panic and toss Nathan's carseat in the van. I didn't have time to click it into it's base so I just kinda threw him in haphazardly, hoping he wouldn't fall. And I scream "Nina, Nina!" and take off after her as she chugs down the parking lot clueless and carefree.

Thankfully there were no speed demon drivers rushing through the parking lot at that moment and I caught up to her while she was still safe and sound.

I didn't realize how terrified I was until after both kids were safely secured in their seats. Then suddenly the world started spinning and my heart was beating violently. Now I can't help but laugh as I remember the look on Nina's face as she rolled through the parking lot. It reminds me of the classic cartoon scene when they are on a raft and have no idea they are about to tip over the edge of a giant waterfall.

No comments:

Post a Comment