It has been a bit of a tough week. I dealt with dental issues I'd been avoiding for years, only to have my teeth aching since the fillings. My hormones were snowballing me out of emotional control. Nina was having a hard time pooping (story of our lives for the past year and a half, so every time there is a set back it sends me a tad frantic). We all four came down with a cold, and Nina has been waking up between the congestion and the potty breaks several times a night. Then I hurt my shoulder at the park and it hurt to move my right arm. Turns out my whole life revolves around my right arm! To sum it up I felt ragged, worried, and a bit like a failure. Last night I dropped all these worries at the feet of God and He granted me deep restorative sleep. Then today... ahh today.
Today the sun shined, quite literally We rested today as a family together, and there were so many priceless moments. We did "school" for the first time. We danced together. The kids napped wonderfully. We took a walk. We ate. My shoulder improved significantly. Nina peed in the potty like a champ and tonight at round three of potty attempt she pooped! Sooo soo thankful.
Then tonight as I was tucking my sweet Nina in bed she looked right into my eyes and she hugged her bunny. "You're such a good bunny mama," I say. "Ya, bunny is happy." "So happy," I add. Then I push her glowworm to sing her a song before I duck out, and she begins to make up a song to the tune about bunny and mommy and her love for us both. It was sweet, it was genuine, it was tender. My eyes stung with tears. My heart burst. I am so blessed. So very blessed. I can see our Creator all around me. In the eyes of a vulnerable child, in the laugh of a mischievous baby boy, in a warm embrace from a husband, in the relief of a prayer.
 |
| Today, hanging out and recuperating at the house |
 |
| Yesterday, enjoying a pop after building a Monster Mutt truck |
 |
| Wednesday, playing sleepy time. |
 |
| Saturday, enjoying some park time |
 |
| Friday at Coolidge Park and Clumpies with a friend from GL |
No comments:
Post a Comment