Friday, April 22, 2011

Frustrated

Nina K has started testing me again. It's been awhile since her last bout of deliberate disobedience to watch me react. I find it so frustrating. She has been obeying our "no touch"s since she was about 9 months old. So when I tell her no touch and she smiles at me and does it anyway I get so flustered! I know she wants to see my reaction, but I have to react, right? I can't let her learn that she can get away with it. But finding the appropriate negative consequence for a 1 year old stretching her wings sends me spinning.

Then this pesky fly is trying to further drive me to unsettledness as he buzzes in my ear and lands on my face. I put the baby in her bed for a rest and I sit down and here comes the cat at the window pawing and meowing, pawing and meowing. Looks like I need to spend some time in prayer and reflection! And maybe invest in a parenting book!

Thanks Biblegateway for making it so easy to search the Bible:

Ecclesiastes 7:8-9

8 The end of a matter is better than its beginning,
and patience is better than pride.
9 Do not be quickly provoked in your spirit,
for anger resides in the lap of fools.



No comments:

Post a Comment