Pound Cake- I cut this recipe in half and fit in one loaf pan pretty well. I added Vanilla and salt for extra deliciousness.
I was inspired by my sister to start writing on a daily basis about the little, and sometimes big, things in life. Kind of like a digital diary, but those who I love are welcome to read it and see what is going on in the Kirby casa!
Wednesday, March 16, 2011
Babysitting and Cookout
Whew! I am worn out, but it was a good day. After breakfast Nina and I rushed out to the grocery to get burgers etc for dinner with friends. Then my friend dropped off their adorable baby girl for us to watch. I managed to juggle the two babies surprisingly well. Somehow they never managed to be awake at the same time, worked out great! Then I made pound cake for dessert (DELICIOUS see recipe below). I made homemade mac'n'cheese (which was disappointing, i was distracted and didn't put enough cheese and salt in). Husband came home and I mowed the lawn until guests started arriving. It was a VERY pleasant evening. I love sharing life with people. I love the sunny warm days of spring. I love having a grill to make dogs and burgers on. I love having a husband who cleaned up while I chatted with a friend. Good day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment