Thursday, March 10, 2011

Lent

Yesterday was Ash Wednesday. If it wasn't for facebook this day would have rolled on by just like any other. As it was I was forced to remember the season of lent, a season of sacrifice and love. Husband and I discussed our lifestyle and came up with a lent plan for the Kirby family. Brace yourselves. This is a moment of painful confession.
1. Only 2 hours of television a day. Since the baby has been born we have slipped into the habit of putting her down (8pm) and then dropping on the couch in front of the tv until midnight or later. I am interested and excited to see what we do with our free time tonight! We are definitely in need of some balance in this area.
2. 10 minutes of "unplugged" time. This means NO DEVICES. A rarity in the Kirby household. No laptop, tv, or iphone. 10 quiet minutes. The goal here is spiritual growth, but we did not specify how those 10 minutes are used. Quiet meditation on the day I find spiritually uplifting, as well as prayer and reading.

Well the bambino just woke up from her first decent nap in 2 days! Thank you Lord for helping her sleep! This personal time was quite welcome!

No comments:

Post a Comment