Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Ear Rubbing

Nina Kate has been rubbing her ears and sucking her thumb during wake-time lately. She has been congested for over a week, so I decided to take her for her first "sick visit" and get those ears looked at. Sure enough she has infections in both ears. When she wakes up from her nap I will administer the amoxicillin that I lovingly called "pink stuff" as a child. I loved that bubblegum flavor! Hoping she has no reactions as her dad is allergic to various antibiotics. Picked up some Benadryl at Target today just in case. (Note to couponing mamas: Target has a free 10 dollar gift card coupon in their flyer this week for all new or transfered prescriptions)

Dr. John asked if she had been irritable lately. I smiled and said yes in her own way, meaning she has been sucking her thumb and laying her head on me more. So thankful for such a pleasant little girl. I can't thank God enough for bringing that big old bundle of love into my life. She has taken over my heart.

1 comment:

  1. I understand "taken over my heart." It is amazing as a father to watch one's own child be born. I had the taken over my heart experience after each birth and the bonding times that followed.

    ReplyDelete