Thursday, March 10, 2011

Modern Mamas' Miracle Products

(Apparently I like alliterations)

This post is dedicated to the things that have made my life as a mother simpler.
1. Clorox wipes- no explanation needed.

2. Oxiclean- a bucket of water with a scoop of this stuff works wonders. Poopy outfit? Toss it in the bucket. Dirty bib? Toss it in the bucket. It's great!

3. Swiffer Vaccuum- Okay Moms, if you have a wooden/tile/laminate floor in your kitchen or where your little tyke's high chair sits this thing is a wonder! No cord. No bending over with a broom and a dustbin. You just crab the swiffer and suck up all those cheerios she/he just tossed overboard. Or if your like me all that flour or powdered sugar you just dusted the kitchen floor with.

4. Vinegar- It's cheap. It's natural and nontoxic. And it disinfects! The best way I've found to disinfect my hardwood floors without worrying about harsh chemicals getting all over my precious baby.

5. A Good Attitude- I quickly discovered that if I'm in a bad mood, then my little one seems to be in one too. If I'm cranky, she suddenly seems to be difficult. I am AMAZED at how when I turn my attitude around she responds the same. So in moments when I feel blue and see our day spiraling downwards I say a prayer for patience, strength, and joy. Then I turn on the radio to something fun (hip hop... shhhh) and we dance and laugh.

3 comments:

  1. I love you Kristen. Might have to get that swiffer vacumm. Excited to read about your Mommy adventures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this Kristen. And love you! Thanks for inviting us to read your family adventures! One of my favorite blogs is Kelly's Korner! She's a mama with a two year old daughter and another baby on the way- so you could probably relate a lot to her if you aren't already following her. You should be able to find her by typing her name in google.

    Can't wait to read more of your adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for caring dear friends. Michelle, i'll have to check her blog out!

    ReplyDelete